Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Gould
Subject Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.
Date
Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
List pgsql-general

Is there anyone out there using Windows 7 64 bit with Postgres 8.4.2 and the psqlodbc driver?  I've tried to install using the one that is available with the standard windows installer.  I've also tried to install with the one from EDB.   It appears that the installer finishes the install but when I look for the drivers there are none in the odbc administrator.  I've installed and uninstalled a couple of times.

Does anyone have any idea on what is going on here and how to fix the problem?  I've logged in as the domain adminstrator and the system administrator for our domain and I've turned UAC off also, but as of yet no luck.

I know that they are at least partially installed because I can access our database via two tools that use ODBC as it's access method.  It's just that they are not showing up in the administrator and this makes me think that I've got a problem.

I'm trying to get a data conversion tool to work (was working when I was using Windows XP) to convert data from SQL Anywhere into PostgreSQL 8.4.2.  The problem is with UUID columns that are looked up and used in other tables.  The UUID's are created properly in their parent tables, but the value isn't correct when it is used as a lookup column.

The author of this product has taken a complete backup of my database and restored it on his machine. When he runs the conversion routine it produces the correct data.  The only difference between his machine and mine seems to be how the odbc driver is installed.  He's using the one he downloaded from EDB.  He sent it to me, I uninstalled the previous one I had, rebooted and installed the one he sent me.  Same results, no driver shows up in the odbc admin.

Best Regards

Michael Gould