float4in_internal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject float4in_internal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The attached patch factors out the guts of float4in so that the new
float4in_internal function is callable without going through the fmgr
call sequence. This will make adjusting the seg module's input function
to handle soft errors simpler. A similar operation was done for float8in
some years ago in commit 50861cd683e. The new function has an identical
argument structure to float8in_internal.

We could probably call these two internal functions directly in
numeric_float4() and numeric_float8() - not sure if it's worth it rght
now but we might end up wanting something like that for error-safe casts.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan