Re: WaitForOlderSnapshots refactoring - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: WaitForOlderSnapshots refactoring
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 20/08/2018 14:39, Andres Freund wrote:
>> The question is where to put it.  This patch just leaves it static in
>> indexcmds.c, which doesn't help other uses.  A sensible place might be a
>> new src/backend/commands/common.c.  Or we make it non-static in
>> indexcmds.c when the need arises.
> Why not move it to procarray.c?  Most of the referenced functionality
> resides there IIRC.

I was thinking about that, too.  I thought that that would create a
circular dependency between lock.c and procarray.c, but seeing that
that's already the case, I guess it's OK.  (lock.c includes procarray.h,
but procarray.c uses stuff from lock.h, even though it doesn't include
it directly.)  I'll rework the patch accordingly.