Re: [GENERAL] Adding a new Clause in the Source Code - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Adding a new Clause in the Source Code
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/14/17 04:14, Stefan Wagner wrote:
> I would really appreciate if someone could hack me a quick example of a
> new clause lets call it ADDITIONAL with Keywords HIGH, LOW to order
> columns. I just want the construct. What
> the Keywords accomplish and the Algorithm is something I'm gonna try to
> figure out on my own. I just need to know in which File and which Line I
> need to enter my Code.

For projects like this, figuring out all the places where to change
things is often half the work.

If I were to approach this, I would see how ORDER BY is implemented and
track all those places down and then see whether I need to make
analogous changes there.