Re: Why *exactly* is date_trunc() not immutable ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jungmin shin
Subject Re: Why *exactly* is date_trunc() not immutable ?
Date
List pgsql-general

I have a question about the query optimizer of a postgres.
As long as I understood through a postgres manual, the postgres query optimizer is implemented using  a genetic algorithm.

I'm thinking to modify the query optimizer.
Are there any postgres version which uses typical dynamic programming approach for query optimization?
Also, are there any body who have tried to modify the optimizer?

jungmin