Re: how to make duplicate finding query faster? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Holger Jakobs
Subject Re: how to make duplicate finding query faster?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Am 30.12.20 um 09:59 schrieb Sachin Kumar:
HI Mr. Holger,

This will not suffice our requirement. we have to validate that there would not be any duplicate value in DB. we have done that earlier by leaving DB to check if there is any duplicate and found duplicate value in DB.

we have a table "card"  and a single column "number " which we are updated with a csv file with 600k numbers and require no duplicate number should be there in the table.

Please if can have a faster query can help us in achieving this requirement.

Quote: leaving DB to check if there is any duplicate and found duplicate value in DB

No, that's not possible with PostgreSQL. If you have a Primary Key or a Unique Constraint, no duplicates will be allowed by the DB.

There must be a different reason.

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012
Attachment