Re: Allow COPY's 'text' format to output a header - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Allow COPY's 'text' format to output a header
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Simon,

On 5/13/18 6:18 PM, Simon Muller wrote:
> This patch adds the capability to use the HEADER feature with the "text"
> format of the COPY command. The patch includes the related update to
> documentation and an additional regression test for this feature.
>
> Currently you can only add a header line (which lists the column names)
> when exporting with COPY to the CSV format, but I much prefer using the
> default "text" format. This feature is also currently listed on the
> to-do list (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#COPY) where it seems
> to have been requested some years ago.
>
> Hopefully I've done everything correctly and the patch is acceptable
> enough to be considered for application.

This patch makes sense to me and looks reasonable.

We're in the middle of a feature freeze that will last most of the
summer, so be sure to enter your patch into the next commitfest so it
can be considered when the freeze is over.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/18/

Regards,
--
-David