Re: Push down more full joins in postgres_fdw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Push down more full joins in postgres_fdw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016/10/27 20:41, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Here is the updated version, which includes the restructuring you
> proposed.  Other than the above issue and the alias issue we discussed,
> I addressed all your comments except one on testing; I tried to add test
> cases where the remote query is deparsed as nested subqueries, but I
> couldn't because IIUC, reduce_outer_joins reduced full joins to inner
> joins or left joins.  So, I added two test cases: (1) the joining
> relations are both base relations (actually, we already have that) and
> (2) one of the joining relations is a base relation and the other is a
> join relation.  I rebased the patch to HEAD, so I added a test case with
> aggregate pushdown also.

I've updated another patch for evaluating PHVs remotely.  Attached is an
updated version of the patch, which is created on top of the patch for
supporting deparsing subqueries.  You can find test cases where a remote
join query is deparsed as nested subqueries.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment