Re: Updated Cygwin Package: postgresql-7.4.2-1 - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From David P. Lurie
Subject Re: Updated Cygwin Package: postgresql-7.4.2-1
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
"Jason Tishler" <jason@tishler.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 11:15:49PM -0500, Mike G wrote:
> > I created the postgres account using control panel->users->advanced
> > instead of what is in the readme.
>
> The two methods should be equivalent with the later just being easier to
> document.
>
> > If I follow the readme the postgres account is never truly created for
> > me in windows(can't actually log in under that name using the pc name
> > / local domain).

I had to tweak the README instructions, primarily adding quotes when needed.
Some of my changes may have been redundant:

Original:

net user postgres $password /add /fullname:postgres /comment:'PostgreSQL
user account' /homedir:"$(cygpath -w /home/postgres)"

Where $password is your new password and $(cygpath ...) is the path to
/home/postgres on your system as output in Windows format by the cygpath
utility.

New:

mkdir -p /home/postgres

chown postgres /home/postgres

net user postgres $password /add /fullname:"postgres "
/homedir:"C:\cygwin\home\postgres"

David