Re: Converting row elements into a arrays? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: Converting row elements into a arrays?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/2/23 15:34, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Thu, Mar 2, 2023 at 1:58 PM Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
Postgresql 12.13

Given the sample below, I'm looking for how to generate this output.  It's
like GROUP BY, but generating an array instead of an aggreate number.

Group By creates groups, that's it.  How you aggregate the data that are in those groups is determined by which function you call.  Sure, a function like "count()" produces a single number, but there are other functions.  Even a whole documentation section listing them.

David J.

I'm used to the bog standard COUNT, AVG, MIN, MAX, SUM. It didn't occur to me that there would be others...

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.