Re: ODBC connections - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: ODBC connections
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 05/26/2016 04:42 PM, Cindy Taylor wrote:
> I’m setting up an ODBC connection from server A to server B.  When I
> click test, I get an error, screen shot below.
>

> Using PostGre SQL 9.5, ODBC driver was 9.5.210 x64.  I believe I Need to
> edit the postgresql.conf file to include the tcpip connections, but I’m
> not finding the exact syntax to use.  It looks like I need to have –i
> somewhere in the conf file?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/runtime-config-connection.html

"
listen_addresses (string)

     Specifies the TCP/IP address(es) on which the server is to listen
for connections from client applications. The value takes the form of a
comma-separated list of host names and/or numeric IP addresses. The
special entry * corresponds to all available IP interfaces. The entry
0.0.0.0 allows listening for all IPv4 addresses and :: allows listening
for all IPv6 addresses. If the list is empty, the server does not listen
on any IP interface at all, in which case only Unix-domain sockets can
be used to connect to it. The default value is localhost, which allows
only local TCP/IP "loopback" connections to be made. While client
authentication (Chapter 19) allows fine-grained control over who can
access the server, listen_addresses controls which interfaces accept
connection attempts, which can help prevent repeated malicious
connection requests on insecure network interfaces. This parameter can
only be set at server start."

You might also want to check that any firewall between server A and B
has port 5432 open.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com