Display View Columns and Their Source Tables and Columns - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Susan Hurst
Subject Display View Columns and Their Source Tables and Columns
Date
Re: Display View Columns and Their Source Tables and Columns  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-general
I'm so close but I can't quite figure out how to match view columns to
their source columns in a query.  Looks like I might need yet another
table to join that makes that match, but I'm not having any success
finding such a bridge.  Matching views to their source tables works well
enough.  What am I missing?  Is there a better approach?

I would welcome any comments or leads that you have.

Thanks for your help!

Sue

Here is what I have so far:

select vcu.view_name     view_name
       ,c.column_name     view_column
       ,vcu.table_schema  source_schema
       ,vcu.table_name    source_table
       ,vcu.column_name   source_column
       ,c.is_updatable    is_updatable
   from information_schema.view_column_usage  vcu
       ,information_schema.columns c
  where vcu.view_schema = 'devops'
    and vcu.table_schema in ('devops','chief','store')
    and vcu.view_schema = c.table_schema
    and vcu.view_name = c.table_name
  order by vcu.view_name
          ,vcu.table_name