Re: Disable access shell command in psql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Thiago Maluf
Subject Re: Disable access shell command in psql
Date
List pgsql-admin
I`m sorry list.
I had one mistake.
Thanks for everyone.
Thiago

2007/7/23, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
"Thiago Maluf" <malufrj@gmail.com> writes:
> I have one database server with postgresql 8.1 and I discovered  yesterday
> one  security problem.
> When  I access my server with  thought psql I have the possibility execute
> command in my server using "\!" or write one file using "\e".

These are done on the client side, not the server side.  There is no
security issue here, because psql's user could equally well do the
same things without using psql.

THIAGO MALUF RESENDE
Consultor Voip e Programador WEB (Voip Developer and Web Developer)
Tel: +55 21 86042100
e-mail: malufrj@gmail.com