Re: REINDEX blocks virtually any queries but some prepared queries. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Frédéric Yhuel
Subject Re: REINDEX blocks virtually any queries but some prepared queries.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 4/7/22 14:40, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 07, 2022 at 01:37:57PM +0200, Frédéric Yhuel wrote:
>> Maybe something along this line? (patch attached)
> Some language fixes.

Thank you Justin! I applied your fixes in the v2 patch (attached).

> I didn't verify the behavior, but +1 to document the practical consequences.
> I guess this is why someone invented REINDEX CONCURRENTLY.

Indeed ;) That being said, REINDEX CONCURRENTLY could give you an
invalid index, so sometimes you may be tempted to go for a simpler
REINDEX, especially if you believe that the SELECTs won't be blocked.
Attachment