Re: Module dependency on PostgeSQL version - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: Module dependency on PostgeSQL version
Date
List pgsql-hackers
""Greg Sabino Mullane"" <greg@turnstep.com> wrote in message
> DBD::Pg uses "pg_config --version" and parses the output to set the
> version information before compiling. It finds pg_config by using
> PG envrironment variables, or looks in the path. Once running, it
> does a SELECT version() to find out what server it is running
> against. Whenever possible, is now uses the new protocol version
> information. It's much handier to just say:
>
> if (protocol>=3) {
> }

Great! The "SELECT version()" approach has the advantage of having an
already compiled version adapt to different versions of the backend. I'll
try and use that to overcome differences in patch levels.

Thanks,

Thomas Hallgren