Re: query locks up when run concurrently - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: query locks up when run concurrently
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/23/2016 01:47 PM, azhwkd wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Yes I had a look at the logfiles but there is not a single logfile
> generated when I'm reproducing this issue.

We are talking about the Postgres logfile, correct?

I have to believe a log file exists, but maybe not entries at that time.

What are you logging settings?

> Concerning locks I used there queries
> at https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_Monitoring and they came up empty.
> The group_history table and its sub-tables do not have any foreign keys
> as they only contain calculated data and the source data is removed
> after some time.
> The trigger which calls the partition function below is defined as follows:
>
> create
>     trigger group_history_trigger before insert
>         on
>         item_history for each row execute procedure
> group_history_partition_function()

This trigger is on the table item_history not group history, is that
correct?

If so how does the item_history table fit into this?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com