Re: Initial release notes created for 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christian Ullrich
Subject Re: Initial release notes created for 9.6
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane wrote:

> I've pushed a first cut at release notes for 9.6.  There's a good deal
> of work to do yet:

+<!--
+2016-04-08 [35e2e357c] Add authentication parameters compat_realm and
upn_usena
+-->
+       <para>
+        Add new SSPI authentication parameters <varname>compat_realm</>
+        and <varname>upn_usename</>, to make it possible to make SSPI
+        work more like GSSAPI (Christian Ullrich)
+       </para>

It is upn_username, not usename. Typo in the commit message.

"Make SSPI work more like GSSAPI" reads like it changed authentication
behavior in some fundamental way, and as if SSPI did not work like
GSSAPI without it. The difference in behavior of include_realm between
GSSAPI and SSPI is not caused by SSPI, but is an implementation detail
on our end.

I suggest writing "use the Kerberos realm name for authentication
instead of the NetBIOS name" either in place of the existing description
or together with it.

Thanks,

--
Christian