Implementation of three new operators inside the PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From rupesh bajaj
Subject Implementation of three new operators inside the PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I am mailing on behalf of the Database Systems Lab, Indian Institute of Science(IISc), Bangalore, India. We have implemented three new operators internal to the PostgreSQL 8.1.2 engine in order to support queries on multilingual data(english and hindi as of now). It can be extended to support any other language. In the process, we have augmented the parser, rewriter, planner and optimizer to support such queries. We want to make a release of our version now.

Could you please let me know if there is any standard procedure to be followed for release of PostgreSQL. Also please let me know if we can release our version on the official PostgreSQL site - www.postgresql.org
Thank you.

Regards,
Rupesh & Sharat
Database System Lab,