Re: Multiple tables row insertions from single psql input file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Multiple tables row insertions from single psql input file
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 10 Jun 2024, Ron Johnson wrote:

> With enough clever scripting you can create a .sql file that does almost
> anything.

Ron,

My projects don't all use SQL so I'm far from a clever scripter. :-)

> Most useful to you will be some number of "ALTER TABLE <foo> DISABLE
> TRIGGER ALL;" statements near the beginning of the file, and their "ALTER
> TABLE ... ENABLE TRIGGER ALL;" counterparts near the end of the file.

Doesn't alter table primarily apply to existing row values for specific
columns rather than inserting new rows and their column values?

Thanks,

Rich