Re: automatically generating node support functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: automatically generating node support functions
Date
Re: automatically generating node support functions  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 15.09.21 21:01, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 17.08.21 16:36, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Here is another set of preparatory patches that clean up various
>> special cases and similar in the node support.
>
> This set of patches has been committed.  I'll close this commit fest
> entry and come back with the main patch series in the future.

Here is an updated version of my original patch, so we have something to
continue the discussion around.  This takes into account all the
preparatory patches that have been committed in the meantime.  I have
also changed it so that the array size of a pointer is now explicitly
declared using pg_node_attr(array_size(N)) instead of picking the most
recent scalar field, which was admittedly hacky.  I have also added MSVC
build support and made the Perl code more portable, so that the cfbot
doesn't have to be sad.

Attachment