Postgres: Packaging & Server Startup - Mailing list pgsql-general

From JCM
Subject Postgres: Packaging & Server Startup
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

    I am working on packaging postgres database in our java based
application.I downloaded postgresql-8.2.12-1-binaries-no-installer.zip
from  the postgres site and installed it on a windows 2003 machine
using administrator account.I later created a postgres service login
account and changed the permissions on the postgres directory to
include this user too.

    When logged in as administrator , i tried starting the server
using the following cmd:

pg_ctl.exe -U postgres -P <mypasswd>  -w start -D D:\pgsql\data

        However, i get the following error message:

waiting for server to start...FATAL:  postgres: could not locate
matching postgres executable

         I also tried the starting the server using runas :

runas /user:postgres "pg_ctl.exe -wait start -D D:\pgsql\data"

         The above too failed.Please let me know on what i am missing
here.

Thanks.