Sequences part 2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karl Martin Skoldebrand
Subject Sequences part 2
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi again,

Looking more at sequences, I have some sequences that start with ID 1, incrementing each record by 1.

So I have e.g. 1 Spain 2. Germany 3. France 4. Ireland 5. Norway

Now I want to insert more countries, between France and Ireland. And also alter the increment. That latter part might be easy as I understood it? But can I achieve this:

1 Spain 2. Germany 3. France 4. Greece 5. Latvia 6. Cyprus 7. Ireland 8. Norway

That is inserting records in the middle of the records, maybe even

1 Spain 2. Germany 3. France 4. Greece 5. Ireland 6. Norway 14. Latvia 24. Cyprus

//Martin S

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.