Re: [GENERAL] Incremental refresh - Materialized view - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Incremental refresh - Materialized view
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/6/2017 10:38 PM, Krithika Venkatesh wrote:
> I need to implement incremental refresh of materialized view.
>
> Please let me know how to do the incremental refresh of materialized
> view in postgresql 9.5.9 version.
>
> Is there anything similar to materialized view log in postgresql.

you refresh a materialized view with REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW name;
There's no 'incremental' methods, as views can be quite complex.

I do not know what you mean by 'materialized view log', is this a
feature of some other database server ?