Re: SPI/backend equivalent of extended-query Describe(statement)? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: SPI/backend equivalent of extended-query Describe(statement)?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/25/2018 06:01 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Offhand I don't believe SPI exposed a way to do that before 9bedd128d.
> Does it matter?  Pre-9.0 releases are long out of support by now,
> which means they're full of known data-loss hazards and security bugs.

Well, my exploration arose from discovering something in PL/Java's
implementation that surprised me, but it dated from pre-9.0 times,
so seems to have been doing the best that was possible then. Didn't
want to start changing it before understanding why it was that way.

As for bringing it along to the modern API, am I on the right track
with writing a ParserSetupHook that's just a thin wrapper around
parse_variable_parameters ?

-Chap