Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add test for postmaster crash restarts. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add test for postmaster crash restarts.
Date
List pgsql-committers

On 09/30/2017 10:32 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Haven't tested on MSVC but with this patch it passes on jacana (mingw).
> Yay!  Thanks for testing.

I have now tested on bowerbird (MSVC) and it passes. This suggests that
we can run tests there in cases where we can use IPC::Run's finish()
instead of kill_kill(). Perhaps someone would like to look at the the
two other cases where we do that (recovery/t/011_crash_recovery.pl and
recovery/t/006_logical_decoding.pl) and see if they are amenable to this
treatment. It woould be nice to be able to run all the tests on all
platforms.

cheers

andrew