Re: BUG #17066: Cache lookup failed when null (iso-8859-1) is passed as anycompatiblemultirange - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alexander Lakhin
Subject Re: BUG #17066: Cache lookup failed when null (iso-8859-1) is passed as anycompatiblemultirange
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,
24.06.2021 02:35, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com> writes:
>> I really appreciate a hint here.
> I think I'm to blame for most of that code originally, so I'll take
> a look soon.  Been up to my neck in other stuff recently.
I'm not sure whether it related to the initial issue, but there is
another anomaly with the multirange types. (May be I should report it as
a distinct bug?) The query:
create table test_multirange(mr int4multirange);
select count(*) from test_multirange where mr << int4range(100,100);
produces:
ERROR:  unexpected operator 4396

while
select count(*) from test_multirange where mr << int4range(100,500);
returns a result (as the multirangetypes test shows).

Best regards,
Alexander