pg_dump and pg_restore problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From o.blomqvist@secomintl.com (Otto Blomqvist)
Subject pg_dump and pg_restore problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello !

I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is a bug or whats up.

Im using psql 7.2.2

I can do full restores and dumps all day long, however when I do the
following I run into problems

Do a full dump with pg_dump -Fc -O Database1 > dump.tar

I restore one table to Database1 using

pg_restore -t table_25 -c -O -d database1 dump.tar

I dump database1 again

pg_dump -Fc -O Database1 > dump2.tar

Then I create a new Database and attempt a full pg_restore  into the
new DB. Which, does not work. It does not restore the database but
throws me a "table_25 relation does not exist" - message instead. But
the table_25 is present in database1, it just seems like the dump does
not see it, after a partial restore.

Any ideas?

Thanks

/Otto Blomqvist