Re: Strip -mmacosx-version-min options from plperl build - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Strip -mmacosx-version-min options from plperl build
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 25.08.22 02:14, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> In short: if the Cygwin Perl headers redefine PGDLLEXPORT (unlikely)
>> or somehow #define "__attribute__()" or "visibility()" into no-ops
>> (perhaps more likely) then we could explain this failure, and that
>> would also explain why it doesn't fail elsewhere.
>>
>> I can't readily check this, since I have no idea exactly which version
>> of the Perl headers lorikeet uses.
>
> It's built against cygwin perl 5.32.
>
> I don't see anything like that in perl.h. It's certainly using
> __attribute__() a lot.

This could be checked by running plperl.c through the preprocessor
(replace gcc -c plperl.c -o plperl.o by gcc -E plperl.c -o plperl.i) and
seeing what becomes of those symbols.

If we want to get the buildfarm green again sooner, we could force a
--export-all-symbols directly.