Re: How can I get and handle the status of sql statements that run inplpgsql ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How can I get and handle the status of sql statements that run inplpgsql ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/2/18 1:47 PM, David Gauthier wrote:
> Hi:
> psql (9.6.7, server 9.5.2) on linux
>
> How does one get the status of an sql statement executed in plpgsql?  If
> that status is cryptic, how can that be translated to something which
> someone could understand?   Finally, how can I effectively do a start
> transaction and either rollback or commit based on the results of the
> sql statements run?
>

> Of course I don't know what the <capture the status> and
> "something_went_wrong" pieces look like, or they even make sense with
> how this sort of thing shold be properly handled in plpgsql.  Also, in

The below(read to bottom of the page) might help:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-ERROR-TRAPPING

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com