Re: Tablespace for temporary objects and sort files - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Tablespace for temporary objects and sort files
Date
List pgsql-patches
On 12/27/06, Albert Cervera Areny <albertca@hotpop.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>        here's a new version of the patch against HEAD with both, table and sort
> files working correctly for me. Regression tests work too.

ok, i will test it a little ... what about temp tables created by
SELECT INTO TEMP?
look at src/backend/executor/execMain.c:OpenIntoRel()

what about other temporary objects?

>        I'd like to ask again the question I made on the first post as no answer was
> given at that time:
>
> "The GetTempTablespace function correctly returns a different tablespace
> each time is called, but I store the position of the last tablespace used
> with an integer and iterate through the list of tablespaces each time. I
> tried to keep the iterator from call to call but I got a segfault, I
> imagine due to the memory context. Should I try to keep the iterator? How
> can I do it?"

i didn't read this last time, i will take a look at it now... when you
post for the first time hackers where busy releasing 8.2.0, maybe they
will pay more atention now :)

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova