Re: problem with a dropped database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: problem with a dropped database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/14/06, Lee A Reum <areum.facu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I need your help!
>
> I vacuumed an entire database because it was having a transaction wraparound
> problem.
> Then I dropped the database.
>
> After running ANALYZE, the entry of the database is gone as I expected.
> But when I try to connect to other databases I get the same transaction
> wraparound error message for the database that doesn´t exsit anymore.
>
> Can anybodoy help me with finding out what´s wrong?

from docs:
"When any database approaches the billion-transaction danger level,
the system begins to emit warning messages."

so, maybe the database you vacuum wasn't the culprit... vacuum the
other databases may help (template1 included, i'm not sure if is
really necessary but...)

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova