log_min_messages and debug levels - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject log_min_messages and debug levels
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

in my machine (win xp) i was trying to start psql (8.1.1) with
log_min_messages to debug5 (just to see the messages :) but even the
service start i cannot use psql nor pgadmin i receive an error of
server  closed the connection unexpectedly

postgres=# select version();                                        version

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL 8.1.1 on
i686-pc-mingw32,compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC)
3.4.2 (mingw-special)
(1 fila)

Sorry, my postgres is in spanish but maybe you can recognize the message... ;)

C:\Archivos de programa\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>psql -U postgres pruebas
psql: el servidor ha cerrado la conexión inesperadamente,       probablemente porque terminó de manera anormal
anteso durante el procesamiento de la petición.

is this expected on windows platforms?

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova