Re: HOW TO RETRIEVE VALUE FROM TEMP TABLE ON THE INTERFACE - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: HOW TO RETRIEVE VALUE FROM TEMP TABLE ON THE INTERFACE
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
On 1/10/06, Vasudeva, Rahul <rahul.vasudeva@capgemini.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

>     I am executing a stored procedure from an ASP page without any input parameters, in that stored procedure two sql
queriesare executed and the result is stored in a temporary table, now I want to retrieve the recordset of that temp
tableon the interface.

> There is an error every time on the Interface "Invalid Object"  , although I am dropping the temp table explicitly ..
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Rahul Vasudeva.

As you have already notice, there are little people looking as this
list... that is because now that we have a native port to windows use
the cygwin version is deprecated... and i am suggesting you to do that
as soon as possible...

There other list you can write here: http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

About your question the reason is that temp tables un functions must
be declared within a EXECUTE... something like:

CREATE FUNCTION ffoo() RETURNS void AS $$
DECLARE
         EXECUTE 'CREATE TEMP TABLE tmp_foo (fld int4)'
END;
$$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

--
Atentamente,