Re: ORDER BY does not work as expected with multiple joins - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: ORDER BY does not work as expected with multiple joins
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 1/13/06, Adam Rosi-Kessel <adam@rosi-kessel.org> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Adam Rosi-Kessel <adam@rosi-kessel.org> writes:
> >> I have a multijoin SELECT statement where the ORDER BY clause doesn't
> >> seem to be working.
> > You haven't mentioned your Postgres version, nor provided anywhere near
> > enough information to let other people reproduce the problem.  You might
> > find it helpful to read this:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/bug-reporting.html
>
> Thanks. I didn't think this was a bug--I thought I had an error in my SELECT
> statement somehow. I certainly would have included more information with a
> bug report. (For the record, it is PostgreSQL 7.4 from Debian Sarge).

Tom's comment about this was, AFAICT, because you didn't show in the
first post OS version nor postgres version, you didn't show your own
results either (and that is a good start to try to see the reason of
your problem...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova