Re: how to recall the initial definition (CREATE TABLE) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: how to recall the initial definition (CREATE TABLE)
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 1/9/06, A. Kretschmer <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
> am  09.01.2006, um 10:38:06 -0500 mailte Jaime Casanova folgendes:
>
> > or even you can do in the shelll
> >

> > psql -U postgres -d database_name -c "\d schema_name.table_name" > file
>
> the result is unfortunately not a valid DDL...

the question was for a way to remember the definition of the table no
for the exact CREATE TABLE statement you used to create the table...

if that is wath you want, then pg_dump is your solution...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova