Re: We want to monitor total size of database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: We want to monitor total size of database
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 1/4/06, Yumiko Izumi <izumi-yumiko@scnet.co.jp> wrote:
> Thank you for a reply.
>
> > yes... in 8.1.x there are specific functions to do this...
> >
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-DBSIZE
>
> We understand that the following is acquirable in
> pg_total_relation_size().
> *Total Size of database

no, this will give you the size of a table and all its indexes and toast data...

> However, now, the following is unacquirable.
> *Size of used space of the entire database

pg_database_size(name)

or you mean the size of all databases?

select sum(pg_database_size(datname)) from pg_database;

> *Size of free space of the entire database

free space? all available in disk

> *Size of fragmentation area of the entire database

VACUUM FULL is used to avoid fragmentation as much as possible... so i
suppose there is a way to know that...

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova