Re: How do I get an OID from a record in table? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: How do I get an OID from a record in table?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 11/26/05, Scott Simpson <Scott.Simpson@computer.org> wrote:
> If I create a table with an OID field type, how do I set that field type?
> That is, I have to look up the OID value in another table somewhere to set
> my OID field and I don't know how to do that. (I'm trying to get one field
> to point to another record). ADVthanksANCE.

SELECT oid FROM your_referenced_table;

oid is an especial field that is present in all row unless you had
specified WITHOUT OIDS...

i think in 8.1 WITHOUT OIDS is the DEFAULT...

it's not a good idea to do what you want to do... use a serial instead

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova