Re: Problem Connecting to DB After 8.1 Upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Problem Connecting to DB After 8.1 Upgrade
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 11/14/05, operationsengineer1@yahoo.com
<operationsengineer1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- operationsengineer1@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > i have the following adodb code (which shouldn't be
> > too hard to figure out for those not familiar with
> > adodb):
> >
> > $db = &ADONewConnection('postgres8');
> >
> $db->Connect('localhost','postgres','3mydata5','mydb');
> > if (!$db) die('Connection failed');
> > $db->debug = true;
> >
> > $sql_product = 'SELECT product_id, product_number
> > FROM
> > t_product ' .
> > 'ORDER BY product_number ASC';
> >
> > $sql_employee = 'SELECT employee_id, first_name ||
> > \'
> > \' || last_name FROM t_employee ORDER BY
> > LOWER(first_name) ASC';
> >
> > $db->StartTrans();
> > $rs_product = $db->Execute($sql_product);
> > $rs_employee = $db->Execute($sql_employee);
> > $db->CompleteTrans();
> >
> > $db is true, but i don't think i'm connecting to the
> > db.  i can echo text prior to the transaction, but i
> > can't echo anything after the transaction.  i
> > removed
> > the transaction and just left the Execute statements
> > -
> > same problem.
> >
> > does anyone have any idea why this isn't working?
> >
> > tia...
>
> upon further review, it appears my users and groups
> didn't survive the backup and restore procedure since
> pgsql 8.1 is looking for group roles and login roles.
>
> even so, i don't understand why postgres (a current
> login role) is not connecting to the db.
>
> i will try and mimic my prior setup and go from there.

provide some info from your postgres log files (error messages)...
have configurated the pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf?

all your users and groups will turn into roles are you sure you can
login from them?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova