Re: how to select - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: how to select
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/29/05, Jonathan Villa <jvilla@innovativesource.net> wrote:

> Ok, this is odd...
>
> I tried ending with a semicolon before, and received this error
>
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "select"
>
> I have to do it twice before I get it works...here's an example
>
> select project_name from project_group_list;
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "select"
> select project_name from project_group_list;
>
> that's odd...

that's because you type a select without a semicolon then you write
one with the semicolon so the parser think both are only one command
but refused to execute that bad formed sentence and give you the
error... then you put another sentence and, of cuorse it executed...

you just show us 2 sentences one before the error and one after...

am i right?

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova