RE: Parallel copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hou, Zhijie
Subject RE: Parallel copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

> Yes this optimization can be done, I will handle this in the next patch
> set.

I have a suggestion for the parallel safety-check.

As designed, The leader does not participate in the insertion of data.
If User use (PARALLEL 1), there is only one worker process which will do the insertion.

IMO, we can skip some of the safety-check in this case, becase the safety-check is to limit parallel insert.
(except temporary table or ...)

So, how about checking (PARALLEL 1) separately ?
Although it looks a bit complicated, But (PARALLEL 1) do have a good performance improvement.

Best regards,
houzj