Re: Function parameters change when update to 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tuanhoanganh
Subject Re: Function parameters change when update to 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general
> tuanhoanganh <hatuan05@gmail.com> writes:
> > ... But when I dump database and restore to 8.3 this function change to
>
> > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION post_ctpt1(ud_stt_rec(24))
>
> It works as expected for me. Please provide a *complete* test case,
> including the specific dump and reload procedures you are using.
>
> regards, tom lane

My ud_stt_rec domain
CREATE DOMAIN ud_stt_rec
  AS character(20)
  DEFAULT ''::bpchar;
ALTER DOMAIN ud_stt_rec OWNER TO postgres;

I write script in Query of pgAdminIII
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test(ud_stt_rec)
  RETURNS void AS
$BODY$
BEGIN
    RETURN;
END
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
ALTER FUNCTION test(ud_stt_rec) OWNER TO postgres;

This script run well.
In functions, I have a new function test. But when I choose "CREATE
script" with function test the script change to

-- Function: test(ud_stt_rec(24))

-- DROP FUNCTION test(ud_stt_rec(24));

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test(ud_stt_rec(24))
  RETURNS void AS
$BODY$
BEGIN
    RETURN;
END
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE
  COST 100;
ALTER FUNCTION test(ud_stt_rec(24)) OWNER TO postgres;