PgSQL problem: How to split strings into rows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kynn Jones
Subject PgSQL problem: How to split strings into rows
Date
Re: PgSQL problem: How to split strings into rows  (Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>)
Re: PgSQL problem: How to split strings into rows  (Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it>)
List pgsql-general
I have a table X with some column K consisting of whitespace-separated words.  Is there some SELECT query that will list all these words (for the entire table) so that there's one word per row in the returned table?  E.g.  If the table X is

---------------------
 foo bar baz
 quux frobozz
 eeny meeny
 miny moe

...I want the result of this query to be

 foo
 bar
 baz
 quux
 frobozz
 eeny
 meeny
 miny
 moe

How can I do this?  (I have a slight preference for solutions that will work with version 8.2, but I'm interested in any solution to the problem.)

TIA!

~K