Re: size of bytea + performance issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jochen Schlosser
Subject Re: size of bytea + performance issues
Date
List pgsql-general
> Well, it's in the FAQ under "How much database disk space is required
> to store data from a typical text file?" but the per tuple overhead is
> between 36 and 44 bytes. depends a bit on the version.

allright... thx a lot!
I did not see this point in the FAQ because I am not storing data from
a textfile and did not look in that direction... What store is
basically a encoding scheme of several hash bins which store
distances. Thus it is just a bitvector and to the best of my knowledge
a bytea or  varyiing bitarray is the most space efficient method to
store my information(???).

Thanks again,

Tschak