Schizophrenic design and solution to it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From nobody
Subject Schizophrenic design and solution to it
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a database which design I inherited. It is not PostgreSQL but I hope
somebody here could help.

There are two tables "RemovalProject" and "Carriage. Both are 90 percent
equal and basicaly represent a transport job.

I need to extend the database to handle allocation of labour to both
RemovalProject and Carriage. But because they are two separate tables, it
looks I will have to develop two systems for labour allocation - I simply
cannot concieve one table linked to both, RemovalProject and Carriage, to
represent the labour allocation and have the SQL to handle "conditional"
join.

How would you resolve this design issue?

Vladimir