Re: How to analyze load average ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: How to analyze load average ?
Date
Re: How to analyze load average ?  (Condor <condor@stz-bg.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 6 Srpen 2012, 16:23, Condor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can some tell me, how I can analyze from where my server bring up load
> average ?

> When I connect to server i see only 2 query with select * from
> pg_stat_activity;
> that is not complicated, select rid from table where id = 1;
> Both tables have index on most frequently columns. When I check my
> server load average is 0.88 0.94 0.87

> Any one can tell me how I can find from where that load average is so
> high ?

Errr, what? Why do you think the load average is high?

Load average is defined as a number of processes in the run queue (i.e.
using or waiting for a CPU). So the load average "0.88 0.94 0.87" means
there was less than one process waiting for CPU most of the time. I
wouldn't call that "high load average", especially not on a 32-core
system.

Tomas