Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump ignoring information_schema tables which usedin Create Publication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump ignoring information_schema tables which usedin Create Publication.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/24/17 21:36, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Peter Eisentraut
>> On 5/22/17 07:42, Kuntal Ghosh wrote:
>>> pg_dump ignores anything created under object name "pg_*" or
>>> "information_schema".
>>
>> Publications have a slightly different definition of what tables to
>> ignore/prohibit than pg_dump, partly because they have more built-in
>> knowledge.  I'm not sure whether it's worth fixing this.
>
> Well, I think if it's not going to work, it should be prohibited,
> rather than seeming to work but then not actually working.

Here is a similar case that pg_dump fails on:

create table information_schema.test1 (a int);
create view public.test2 as select * from information_schema.test1;

It's not clear how to address that, or whether it's worth it.