Re: LISTEN/NOTIFY benchmarks? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Subject Re: LISTEN/NOTIFY benchmarks?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   Sean> Do you have a URL for the patch?  If not, send it to me   Sean> privately.  I can take any non-critical issues
offline but   Sean> I bet others have an interest in this code as well.

TCQ website: http://telegraph.cs.berkeley.edu/telegraphcq

The code we have on the web is a source distribution based on 7.2 -
not as a patch.

I think I can produce a patch off of 7.3.2 - it's just a bunch of new
modules, although we had to add a few functions to the changed
semaphore abstractions.
   Sean> I'm particularly interested in the API atm to see how hard   Sean> it would be to integrate.  -sc

Since the API hasn't changed significantly internally maybe the best
bet is for you to download the src distribution on the link above and
look at the directories src/backend/rqueue as well src/include/rqueue

If things look promising, I can rustle up code that fits the 7.3.x
codebase.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh