find_typedef on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Subject find_typedef on Linux
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Friends

src/tools/find_typedef has in its prolog:
  # This script attempts to find all typedef's in the postgres binaries  # by using 'nm' to report all typedef
debuggingsymbols.  #   # For this program to work, you must have compiled all binaries with   # debugging symbols.  #
#This is run on BSD/OS 4.0, so you may need to make changes.

I'm trying to run find_typedef on Linux and I don't get any output
(I'm on a 7.3.2 base). I tried playing with different options to
objdump (tried --syms instead of --stabs) to no avail.

Is there something I need to pass to configure to ensure that all
binaries are built appropriately ? That is, something _other_ than
--enable-debug as I always have that anyways.

Thanks !

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh