Re: this is in plain text (row level locks) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Subject Re: this is in plain text (row level locks)
Date
Re: this is in plain text (row level locks)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
   Tom> Sailesh Krishnamurthy <sailesh@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:   >> Why not have the traditional approach of a lock
tablein shared   >> memory, growing and shrinking as appropriate,

   Tom> Because we can't grow shared memory.  Whatever size we get at   Tom> startup is what we're stuck with.  (I
supposewe could try   Tom> asking the kernel for additional segments, but there's every   Tom> likelihood that that
willfail.)

We implemented a Shared Memory MemoryContext using OSSP libmm (used in
Apache) for TelegraphCQ.

If you think it's useful I can submit it as a patch.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh