Re: stable driver for multithreaded environment (IIS 5.X) - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Markus Donath
Subject Re: stable driver for multithreaded environment (IIS 5.X)
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello,

thank you for the new version (07.03.0205).
i've tested the version for a few days now with the following results:

1. The "corrupted data under stress" problem (up to 07.03.0204) is fixed
2. Threads are no longer blocked by the "pure virtual function call" error
message box

But the 07.03.0205-Version introduces new bugs:

1. When using updateable recordsets in a database call (no matter if allowed
in the dsn-settings or not), the odbc-driver becomes unusable after a few
statements, and
error-statements ("unknown error") are returned by the database driver.
2. We use components to cache some data. When i call these components in the
following manner:
comp1.init(connectionstring)
comp2.init(connectionstring)
the second call fails with the new driver. When i vary the connection-string
a bit for the second
call (e.g. by adding something like ";foo=222") , everything works fine.
This lets me think that there might be a problem with connection pooling.
Even when connection pooling and updateable cursors are disabled (by
DSN-Settings), these errors occur.

Note: these components do not share any database related resources.
For every call made in the entire application a seperate connection is
opened, a call is beeing made and the connection is closed as soon as
possible (this is how to make connection pooling work with windows).

All in all, this Version is even less stable then 07.03.0204 although some
problems were fixed.

@Hiroshi Inoue:    Are you interested in the odbc-driver-logs ?

bye,
Markus.